MacUmba is a professional group of musicians based in Scotland who mix the traditional sounds of Scottish bagpipes with the infectious rhythms of Brazilian Samba percussion!
MacUmba have played at many events and festivals all over the world and continue to develop their unique sound, entertaining audiences where ever they go.
Big events and festivals MacUmba has played at include…
– The World Cup in France where they supported the maracatu ‘nation’ Nacao Pernambuco at the Village du Brezil, Saint Denis, Paris.
– The 20th Fiesta de la Rumba in Havana, Cuba, where (although MacUmba are not a rumba group) they were privileged to appear with many famous rumba groups.
– The international Mundo Celta festival in Ortigueira, Galicia, where they appeared with many other bands from Celtic nations.
– Highland festivals in Luxembourg, Switzerland, France and Italy
– Tours of Japan & USA
Radio and television appearances include…
– Radio Progreso in Havana, Cuba
– Univision in Miami, Florida
– Music Live, BBC Glasgow and UK.